Please click on the desired position below to see job requirements and to apply.
A Communication Specialist acts as the voice and face of the company when interacting with callers. Their duties include being positive and upbeat, answering customer questions, resolving individual problems, handling complaints and other transactions. Shifts can vary greatly depending on business needs. The Communications Specialist is expected to work with their direct manager to set personal goals and discuss specific duties. Specialist must learn an in-depth knowledge of all the company’s clients and services; they also must be up to date on changes within the company.
Communication Specialist must be able to meet company standards for calls in areas such as quality, volume and accuracy. This position also requires excellent interpersonal skills, as a specialist will be required to interact with many different types of people. In this role, you will serve as the first point of contact for our customers and patients delivering outstanding customer service through building strong rapport and providing appropriate solutions. The focus is primarily on answering a variety of inbound calls; identify and resolve caller needs by using strong judgment and vocabulary skills while providing accurate information.
Essential Job Functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important)
- Ability to follow and abide by all policies and procedures.
- Follow all regulations including HIPAA.
- Document outcomes and steps taken during dialogue.
- Update account databases as required.
- Respond efficiently and accurately, capturing messages following all proper procedures.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets and goals.
- Respond to callers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner that exceeds expectations.
- Managing large amounts of inbound calls in a timely manner.
- Delivery empathy; allowing the caller to be heard and understood.
- Build relationships with caller by taking the extra mile, creating a positive experience for each caller.
- Ability to navigate in several programs and screens.
- Meet, exceed and consistently maintain company standards and expectations.
- Recommend improvements in procedures and/or guidelines.
- Communicate using an affirming and energetic vocabulary with customers by telephone to provide information, take messages, answer questions and handle complaints.
- Engage in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing upset callers as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
- Resolve conflicts/escalations to ensure satisfaction.
- Share best practices with coworkers
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of company and position.
- Customer service experience, minimum one year with same employer
- Ability to make strong judgment decisions
- Professional, upbeat and positive telephone etiquette
- Detail-oriented and ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines
- Computer knowledge, with ability to type 30 words per minute or greater
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
Preferences and Important Notes
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures preferred
- Basic knowledge Microsoft Excel preferred
Team Manager In Training
In this role, you are responsible to assist the team managers in their day-to-day management duties, serving both internal and external clients while ensuring that service and performance standards are consistently met in a fast pace environment. Team Managers in Training are required to work a minimum number of hours on each shift to gain exposure and experience of duties during those periods. Team Managers in Training are expected to model company values, assist with training and evaluating team members, while recognizing/ recommending operational improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in a consistent manner.
- Display and maintain a high standard of honesty and fairness in day to day business dealings.
- Meets and keeps commitments.
- Assist with analyzing team member performance; effectively and proactively plan, motivate and help lead team members to achieve business goals and metrics.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Holds self and team members accountable for required metrics.
- Assists, monitors and evaluates call volume; making adjustments as directed and/or necessary.
- Assist with resolution of all client issues including escalated calls or complaints.
- Available to help answer team members’ questions or concerns in an upbeat and positive manner.
- Assist with constructive feedback regarding team member performance, productivity, service standards and disciplinary issues.
- Help assist and identify training and development needs of team members and contribute to solutions.
- Commit to continuous learning and self-development.
- Support and communicate business goals, quality standards, processes, procedures and policies.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Read, understand and interpret business reporting.
- Documents required interactions of daily business (daily reports) and interactions with team members.
- Provide proactive communication to management team related to role and learning.
- Promote a working team environment and ensure best practices are shared.
- Assist and partner with Manager and Workforce Management Analyst to implement strategic business plans.
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency of Office Suite preferred, but not required.
- Ability to inspire a diverse workforce.
- Ability to make strong judgment decisions.
- Exceptional internet browsing skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when business requires.
- This position upon graduation to Team Manager Role must be able to take role on any of the 3 shifts (morning, afternoon/evening or overnight).
- Position requires a minimum of 40 hours on each shift.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with team members and patients/customers over the phone.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred.