Please click on the desired position below to see job requirements and to apply.
A Communication Specialist acts as the voice and face of the company when interacting with callers. Their duties include being positive and upbeat, answering customer questions, resolving individual problems, handling complaints and other transactions. Shifts can vary greatly depending on business needs. The Communications Specialist is expected to work with their direct manager to set personal goals and discuss specific duties. Specialist must learn an in-depth knowledge of all the company’s clients and services; they also must be up to date on changes within the company.
Communication Specialist must be able to meet company standards for calls in areas such as quality, volume and accuracy. This position also requires excellent interpersonal skills, as a specialist will be required to interact with many different types of people. In this role, you will serve as the first point of contact for our customers and patients delivering outstanding customer service through building strong rapport and providing appropriate solutions. The focus is primarily on answering a variety of inbound calls; identify and resolve caller needs by using strong judgment and vocabulary skills while providing accurate information.
Essential Job Functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important)
- Ability to follow and abide by all policies and procedures.
- Follow all regulations including HIPAA.
- Document outcomes and steps taken during dialogue.
- Update account databases as required.
- Respond efficiently and accurately, capturing messages following all proper procedures.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets and goals.
- Respond to callers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner that exceeds expectations.
- Managing large amounts of inbound calls in a timely manner.
- Delivery empathy; allowing the caller to be heard and understood.
- Build relationships with caller by taking the extra mile, creating a positive experience for each caller.
- Ability to navigate in several programs and screens.
- Meet, exceed and consistently maintain company standards and expectations.
- Recommend improvements in procedures and/or guidelines.
- Communicate using an affirming and energetic vocabulary with customers by telephone to provide information, take messages, answer questions and handle complaints.
- Engage in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing upset callers as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
- Resolve conflicts/escalations to ensure satisfaction.
- Share best practices with coworkers
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of company and position.
- Customer service experience, minimum one year with same employer
- Ability to make strong judgment decisions
- Professional, upbeat and positive telephone etiquette
- Detail-oriented and ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines
- Computer knowledge, with ability to type 30 words per minute or greater
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
Preferences and Important Notes
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures preferred
- Basic knowledge Microsoft Excel preferred